Brief: Using DTP and an image manipulation program, produce the front page of a new school/college magazine, featuring a photograph of a student in medium close-up plus some appropriately laid-out text and a masthead. Additionally you must produce a mock-up of the layout of the contents page to demonstrate your grasp of DTP.
I made the school magazine front page and contents page using Adobe InDesign.

The image on the front cover of the girl dancing relates to the main story featured in this issue of the school magazine, which is the school's Dance Showcase. I took many pictures before choosing this photo for the front cover. I chose this image because I thought it was quite unique and different to many images you would usually see on the front cover of a school magazine.
I had to think of other articles that could be included in a school magazine so I thought about what would interest the target audience which would be ages 11 to 18. This is quite a wide age range so I had to make sure that there would be something that would interest every age of the target audience.

As you can see, the front cover and the contents page follow a consistent colour scheme. This is so that the magazine followed a house style and that the house style was recognisable from the two pages that I created of the school magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment