Monday, 15 March 2010

Evaluation Activity 2

How does your media product represent particular social groups?




I think that this photo of Taylor Swift from Blender Magazine has some similarity to this photo which I used on the contents page on my magazine.

The similarities are that the pose and posture is quite similar as they both have one hand on their hip and one hand above their head. The clothes that they are wearing are have some vague similarities as they both are wearing a waistcoat/jacket; the clothes seem quite casual. The facial expression of both models are quite similar also because they both look quite serious.



When I used this image on the front page, I cut it out so there was no black background, this makes the lighting of the images also quite similar as the lighting does concentrate quite a lot on both of the models' faces.

I think that my media product would bear some similarity to a similar social group as Blender Magazine as both Blender and my magazine have a younger girl on the front cover. This would make it appeal to similar social groups such as teenagers and young people like myself.
The images show the 'stickers' from Blender magazines and from my own music magazine. Many magazines use these to advertise something that would make people buy the magazine.

No comments: