During this task I have learnt how to use many new programs and software that I had never used before. Before, I began the task I had never really used a Mac computer before and now I have learnt how to use them successfully and have used many of the tools which have helped me to successfully complete the task.
The main program that I used to construct the front cover and the contents page of my magazine was Adobe Photoshop CS4. I had never used this program before the task and now I am confident in using it and have learnt a lot about the program.I had heard of the program before beginning the task but never really used it; I found it quite confusing at first but soon got the hang of it.
Some of the things I have learnt to do using this program are:
- used the skin retouch tools to make the photo look flawless and get rid of any spots/blemishes
- used many tools such as the magnetic lasso tools and magic eraser to get rid of the background of photos
- used the lighting effects tools to change the lighting of photos and make them more enhanced
- used various tools such as drop-shadow and text effects
Another program that I used during the task is Adobe InDesign CS4. I used this to create the double page spread as it is more of a desktop publishing program so is more useful to add text and make it look more like a professional double page spread. I had never even heard of this program before beginning this task so it really was completely new to me! Now, I have successfully completed my double page spread and did not find it too difficult to figure out how to use InDesign.
To complete my task I also used other technologies and equipment. This includes the camera that I used which is a Panasonic Lumix FZ50. I found this camera helpful to use as it takes very good pictures and the lighting was very good so there was not much editing needed on the lighting after taking the photos.
I also used two different computers to complete my coursework task on. Both of the computers are Macs, but the computer that I used at school is an desktop imac, and at home I used a MacBook Pro.


No comments:
Post a Comment