Comparing my front cover with this one and looking at the ways in which Q magazine has addressed and attracted the audience, I have noticed that I have done this in similar ways. I have used band names on the front page so that the target audience would want to read about them. I have made sure that the person on the front of the magazine reflects the target audience so that people will buy the magazine based on the person featured on the cover.Looking at the other Q magazine front covers I can see that they have used the same techniques for all of the covers: Click here to see the other Q magazine front covers.
For my own magazine I have used many techniques that will attract the audience to buy the magazine, these include:
Photos I chose to take pictures of someone who would appeal to the target audience of the magazine which is young people who like the RnB/Pop music genre. I had to consider the types of people that the target audience would look up to and would like to see on the front cover of a music magazine. As the magazine is aimed at people similar to myself and my friends, I decided that we would like to see someone on the front of the magazine that could be a potential role model and someone that we can look up to. People like to see models that are attractive of the front cover of the magazine, so I chose someone who has striking looks and is quite unique and who I could picture featuring on a real music magazine. Generally, people on front covers of music magzazines are presented very naturally; therefore I chose someone who has very striking/unique looks; her bright blonde hair and the short hair cut makes her look different. She looks like someone that teenage girls would look up to and aspire to look like.

Fonts/Colours I made sure that the house style of the magazine was consistent throughout; this is black, pink and grey mainly. I thought that these colours would would well with the genre of music for this magazine. I also thought that most of the magazines in the industry at the moment mainly have colours like red and black so I thought that by using a house style that it different then it would make my magazine more different; like a unique selling point. I also thought that the magazine would probably mainly be aimed at girls so the colour pink would be appropriate.

Another feature that I used was by advertising the album cover of the featured artist and advertising a free download of her new song. This would entice people to buy the magazine as they would want to get her new song for free. I have made sure that the offer is clearly advertised to the reader by making it look like it is a sticker on the front of the magazine.
The language used in the double page spread article would also appeal to the target audience as it is not formal and quite colloquial in places. This would appeal to the target audience as they would not get bored reading it and it would seem to them like they were listening to a conversation. Examples of this are as followed: "I’ll write about 20 songs and out of them maybe 2 of them will have a chance of making the album and the rest are crap!...I guess you’ll just have to buy it and see what you think!"
No comments:
Post a Comment